Saturday 11 February 2012

Into the starting blocks

Hello to whoever reads this blog.
Here is a tasty little picnic of thoughts.
I have a sense that in a lot of different aspects of my life, at age 55, I am only just starting.
I am conscious even today of new and different aspects of my way of being that have been less than mindful and less than considerate. 
It hurts me to admit that but coming out of denial and being faced with the realisation of the ways in which I have striven so hard to protect my own ego, sometimes at the cost of others not feeling heard or appreciated, leaves me wanting to listen with my whole being and to compassionately interact with others.
Many of you readers may have longed for authentic and intimate connection with others.
I am beginning to understand that when we are ego driven, continually living a life about self and closed to helpful observations, we can never achieve that depth of connection that we long for.
My challenge to myself and to my readers on this day is to let go of ego, and to stop the games that make you the winner and others the losers...
I want so much to share the insights that life is giving me.  Take what you need and 'eat it'. 
May your soul be nourished.
Love from our beautiful Pacific Island
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment