Saturday 4 February 2012

a new start, a new day, a new me?

I have been thinking today...Do you know that every day can be a new start...in fact every second of the day we have choices and opportunities to consider. The big choice that I wish to make this year is to live a more compassionate and conscious life.
Actually, I don't really subscribe to the idea of New Years resolutions.  Sometimes those grand statements of intention become fixed points (Skeates, 2009) that we immediately connect with the threat of failure.
I am on a learning curve.
Meditating and reflecting on how I wish to be in this world, who I am, and why I am here.
What legacy am I leaving to those that come after me?
This is not a critique of myself but a re-assessment time.
The breath of life is in me and that is a treasure that I don't want to squander.
Maybe you can join me on my journey toward living a conscious life.
Love and peace to you where-ever this finds you.
There is hope, you can stand up again, you can find your way.
Blessings from Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment