Sunday 22 January 2012

Time flies...

Wow...2012 and January will be over before I know it.
Is it just me or does time speed up as you get older??!!!
I have been working on illustrations today as well as seeing a few therapy clients.
It seems that I am making marks on my paper and my clients would rather erase some of what has happened in their lives from their memory...if only it were that easy!
My reflection at the end of this day of work is that whatever is in your past just is...it cannot be changed...history has been made.
The stories you tell about that history will significantly alter your perception, however.
It is very compelling to stay in the victim, 'poor me' position.  Then we can get sympathy, help, pity and stroke our needy self.  I fully agree that kindness and compassion is needed...but that those things are not the end.
If we can learn something, be deepened emotionally or spiritually by the experience, use our anger at the 'injustice of it all' as a springboard to change, to better boundary setting, to a deeper self-awareness about our light and our shadow, then we can grow tremendously in any situation.
This is my challenge to myself and to you today.
I have no idea who might be reading this bvut if any of my words seem to fit your situation, I encourage you to embrace what you need from what I have written.
Love and deepening peace to you where-ever you are.
from New Zealand
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment