Wednesday 14 March 2012

gratefulness

Hello where-ever this finds you. In the last week a few lovely unexpected kindnesses from strangers have warmed my heart. The young man who pulled up behind my car in his and took the trouble to tell me that one of my tyres needed pumping up, the other young man who overheard me saying that I was $1 short when I dashed into a shop to buy a few things and came over to me with a handful of small change and sorted out the dollar that I needed, the beautiful elderly polynesian woman on our street who smilingly encouraged me to go up to the rubbish truck driver, when I had missed the morning pick-up. All strangers who cared enough to go out of their way to do a little kindness for a stranger. Imagine if we all did that, not only for strangers, but for those people that we interact with every day. I am not saying anything new. My heart is grateful for kindness, for shoes on my feet, for food on my table, for loving friends and family from all over the world, for the people that come to me for help and their amazing stories,for a roof over my head and for this beautiful jewel of a planet, on which we dwell. I send kind thoughts to you today. Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment