Tuesday 6 March 2012

Here comes the rain

I am sitting on the floor by my front door. Big drops of rain are falling outside and I can hear the crickets singing and the distant sound of children's voices. We are heading into autumn here in New Zealand. I love the different seasons of the year and the different seasons of life. My 5 senses are alive to the sounds, the sights, the feel of the cool breeze blowing through my open door, the smell of wet plants and if I were to step outside the rain would taste fresh and clean on my tongue. I am in the moment. The present. The now. There is no judgment, just acceptance of what is. Flutters of emotions come and go and thoughts slide across the screen of my consciousness. It is a delicious, peaceful now. A mindful now. Try it. Love and peace. Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment