Wednesday 10 October 2012

Creative expression and healing

Hi there I am preparing for a weekend creative retreat on Waiheke Island close to the city of Auckland, New Zealand, where I live and work. I am expecting 6 or seven women to attend. It is exciting to know that what happens there will unfold in a way that is beyond my control, even though I will be facilitating. Each woman's creative process will be unique and the insights of each person will be theirs. I love it that each choice that they make creatively is their chosen expression and in that way unique and precious. It feels like an amazing privilege to have the opportunity to help people to deepen their connection with the now moment and to teach a non-judgmental acceptance of 'what is'. Tonight I attended a meeting of about 250 creative people and one of my daughters was a guest speaker. She spoke about the creative process and how every line that she draws as an illustrator, is a continuation of the same line she has been drawing forever. As we give creative expression to ourselves, whether by art, cooking, decorating, writing etc we are giving to the world. We are speaking and expressing our unique message that every single person on earth has. We give voice to what we are about. An expression of our essence. Our DNA. Together we form a choir that resounds around the earth. Healing comes as we give expression to who we are and peace comes as we accept without judgment the expressions of others. Join me in this amazing journey, if you will. Peace and love Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment