Wednesday 31 October 2012

Hope

Hello, my friends Over the last couple of years a few people have talked to me about 'hope'. Hope is present centred...and future oriented. To some has become equated with magical thinking. They become angry or frustrated at the thought of passively waiting for a hoped for outcome and have little respect for those that live in that way. Others equate it to faith in a higher power who is engineering their lives and working all things for good. These opinions have caused me to stop and think about the meaning for myself. I was in a group once where the person leading asked us to distil what we felt the purpose of our life was into one or two words. I came up with the words, "Hope-bringer". This was years ago and today those words still resonate with me. My desire is to convey to people that they can connect with their essence, their potential, their beauty, their creativity and the flame of life within. They can begin to live mindfully in the present moment and to be transformed by the renewing of their minds. Is hope still relevant? I believe so!! I hope for you. Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment